Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Erik Johansson Photography

Erik Johansson - Berlin, Germany

Erik Johansson is a successful photographer and retoucher that creates illusions in his photography. "To me photography is just a way to collect material to realize the ideas in my mind." Johansson uses his ideas to begin a project, draws it out or visualizes it, captures photos usually from very different locations and then creates it on photoshop sometimes using over one hundred layers. Johansson has worked with many companies such as Google, Stratco, TAC and Microsoft. His photos have unexpected twists that look realistic and it will make you double check the photo. Johansson's photos are flawless and imaginative. 

Here are a few of Johansson'd work
Common Sense Cross

In this photo, Johansson has flipped one of the roads upside down
but still keeping the roads connected and lined up.  It takes awhile
to realize all the different objects that have been reversed, it is
interesting how the photoshopped part of the photo goes straight
through the centre of the image. I like this photo because for a second
I thought it was possible. 

Stay In Bed Day

Johansson created this photo for an advertisement for one of the many
companies he has worked with. I like this photo because this is how
some people may think in the morning since they never want to get out
of bed, I am one of those people for sure so I can relate. The bed is pulling
her back in, the temptation to sleep is so easy and it is tough to fight it off.
I want to be able to figure out how to do this because the blending of the
two photos is well done.

Cut And Fold

This photo is the coolest I find, just because Johansson was able to
literally bend the earth and fold it over. The photos used to manipulate
this image is perfect such as the field divided by a road with the scissors
label. I like this photo because the concept is genius and looks as if
it could actually be a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment